The specialised programme in Eco Skills for a Green Economy provides in-depth knowledge on sustainability, cleaner production, waste management and energy management. Participants will develop enhance their competences in waste and energy management in the context of sustainability.
The Eco-Skills for a Green Economy Program covers the basic knowledge concerning the topics of sustainability, cleaner production, and waste and energy management. The main goal of the program is to develop a new and innovative approach to fostering social integration and integration into the labour market through the development of green skills.
Green skills, also known as sustainability skills, are knowledge, values and behaviours needed for every job, in order to achieve sustainable social, economic and environmental results in the organization and in the society. With the ever-increasing challenges of pollution and climate change, the importance and large benefit of these skills will constantly increase in the future.
All participants will study how to change their behaviour, embrace sustainability, become role models in their organisations and will contribute to more sustainable organisations, especially to:
- Ensure sustainable green skills and cleaner production patterns;
- Promote and implement principles of sustainability in the organisation;
- Built resilient systems in Waste Management;
- Built resilient systems in Energy Management;
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- Promote social integration into the labour market and more sustainable and inclusive green economy, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
Advanced courses on this topic and consultation services can be offered on-demand to employees and managers who want to develop green skills.
The courses offered in this programme are:
- Waste Management
- Energy Management
After successful completion of the courses, each participant will write an applied research paper with the supervision of a mentor and co-mentor from a company.
This programme includes:
- 3 courses
- Video materials
- Downloadable resources
- Applied research project
- Case studies
- Certificate of completion
Who is this programme for?
- This programme will benefit employees in companies, public organisations and non-governmental organisations, who want to explore a more sustainable way to working in their organisation. Also, this programme will benefit professionals who want to advance in their careers by using green skills and become sustainable; entrepreneurs who want to build green and sustainable start-ups. The program is tailored to create competitive staff who will provide eco development on personal and on organisational level and will contribute to higher self-sustainability, organisational and societal sustainability.
- Employees in companies, public organisations and NGOs;
- Managers & business owners;
- Basic understanding of waste and energy management;
- Work experience is recommended;
- Willingness to learn and passion for green skills and sustainability.
Upon successful completion of this programme, participants will develop their green skills and achieve the following learning objectives:
- Learn and apply the concept of implementation of the sustainability principles and SDGs in their organisations.
- Gain an understanding of complex relations between economic, social and ecological aspects of sustainability.
- Analyse the basic principles of climate protection through greenhouse effect and global warming.
- Estimate the importance of the approach of ecological footprint.
- Apply the cleaner production and environmental management system in their organisations.
- Learn and develop sustainable waste management and material flows management in their organisations.
- Use different methods and strategies for waste avoidance, recycling, separation and establishing optimised waste logistics.
- Learn about hierarchy of the waste through re-use, recycling, waste separation, energy recovery and disposal.
- Implement waste management through waste analyses and establishment of optimized waste logistics.
- Gain a knowledge in the energy and sustainable use of energy.
- Analyse the framework conditions for energy management and status quo-analyses.
- Develop and implement sustainability methods in energy efficiency, through energy management in practise.
- Learn tools and approaches for consumption and sources, energy saving in households, as well as energy efficiency and cleaner production in companies.
- Conclude the existing and possible approaches to sustainable and circular practices in companies.
- Apply the knowledge to a case study relevant to their organisations.
Skills you will gain
Green skills, Critical thinking, Problem solving, Analytic thinking, Personal skills, Sustainable lifestyle.