The course is intended to provide learners with fundamental understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its role in construction sector. The course focuses on the basic terms, principles, standards, procedures and workflows in BIM, as well as roles of various stakeholders, pointing out benefits of application of BIM compared to traditional method of delivery. The course is intended for all professional profiles in AEC sector.
Topics covered in the course are:
- Key terms and definitions
- BIM as a method of work
- BIM workflow
- BIM maturity levels and BIM dimensions
- Advantages of BIM
- BIM and sustainable construction
- BIM barriers and standards
- BIM requirements
- BIM software
This course includes:
- 9 hours of video material
- Downloadable resources
- Applied learning project
- Case studies
- Certificate of completion
Who is this course for?
- This course is intended for students and professionals.
- Architects and Engineers (Designers, Supervising Engineers, Construction contractors)
- Managers in construction companies
- Employed in public administration and government agencies in charge of construction and energy efficiency
- Investors and owners of private assets
- Students of technical science faculties
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Explain key terms and definitions within BIM
- Identify relevant standards
- Define BIM dimensions and BIM maturity levels
- Explain principles of workflow in BIM
- Define roles of participant in construction sector in BIM working environment
- Summarize benefits of BIM compared to traditional methods of work in construction sector
- Explain impacts of BIM on sustainable construction
- Summarize advantages of BIM for improved energy efficiency of buildings.