Intellectual capital and knowledge management are the basic building blocks of an effective 21st-century management model. With proper management of information, resources, and knowledge, you will be able to act intelligently, achieving sustainable competitiveness for your organisation.
An understanding of intellectual capital will provide you with a framework for seeing how an organisation’s intangible, non-financial resources can be cultivated and exploited, in conjunction with the traditional physical and financial resources, to better achieve the desired goals and enable to navigate successfully in rapidly changing times.
The course is intended to provide you with an insight into what intellectual capital is, and its importance for every organisation. During the course you will be able to explore different elements of intellectual capital, potential activities to grow these capitals and methods and indicators to measure and manage intellectual capital.
Advanced courses on this topic and consultation services can be offered on-demand to managers who want to measure & manage intellectual capital in their organisations.
Topics covered in the course are:
- Building intelligent enterprises and systems;
- Measuring intellectual capital;
- Intellectual capital measurement and reporting: issues and challenges;
- Managing intellectual capital (human capital, structural, organisational, process, innovation, relational capital);
- Indicators for monitoring the implementation of activities for managing intellectual capital;
- Sustainability for competitive advantage;
- Developing collaborative innovative partnerships toward a knowledge-based economy;
- Managing intellectual capital toward competitive advantage and greater market value of the organisation.
- HEAD OF SUSTAINABLE INFRASTRUCTURE
This course includes:
- 9 hours of video material
- Downloadable resources
- Applied learning project
- Case studies
- Certificate of completion
Who is this course for?
This course will benefit managers who want to explore a new approach to leading their organisation, get a better understanding of how to manage the intangible assets in the company and increase productivity. Also, this course will benefit professionals who want to advance in their careers in management roles and enhance their capabilities to manage knowledge and intellectual capital.
- Managers in companies, public organisations and NGOs;
- Entrepreneurs & business owners;
- Professionals who want to advance in managerial positions;
- HR Managers.
- Basic understanding of management;
- Business models;
- Work experience is recommended.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Identify the elements of intellectual capital (human capital, structural, organizational, process, innovation, customer capital);
- Discuss the importance of intellectual capital and its relation to the competitive advantage of the company;
- Understand the benefits of collaborative and innovative partnerships;
- Explore different methods for managing intellectual capital (human capital, structural, organisational, process, innovation, customer capital);
- Apply the knowledge to a case study relevant to their companies.
Skills you will gain
Managerial skills, Critical thinking, Problem solving, Analytic thinking, People-related skills, Personal skills, Business skills.