Sustainability improves the quality of our lives, protects our ecosystem and preserves natural resources for future generations. Our choices, actions, way of living directly is connected to this topic. Sustainable living is a lifestyle and a philosophy, and starts in our homes, reflecting on the way we think, make decision, consume, behave and collaborate.
Sustainable living highlights individual actions, however they are influencing the collective, our families, communities and work environments, contributing to a larger, stronger movement aimed to reduce human impact on the environment. This course will offer opportunities to explore variety of practices and adopt sustainable lifestyle, according to the personal values, culture, habits, occupation, etc. It engages participants to explore the concept of (un)sustainability and to distinguish paradigms and mindsets impacting the individual, society and the environment. Also, it supports you to uncover your own potential through which they can contribute to a sustainable world.
This course is intended to provide you with resources related to the topic of sustainability, and serve as an inspirational platform to make some changes in your lifestyle, after exploring in depth your individual approach related to sustainability lifestyle, waste and energy management. During the course you will start creating your personal action plan, recognise the psychological barriers that limit change mitigation and adaptation, and find support on this path.
Further guidance and consultation services can be offered on-demand to participants who want to incorporate sustainable living in their organisations.
Topics covered in the course are:
- Personal values and sustainability;
- Sources of sustainable actions;
- You and the environment – enhancing ecological awareness and appreciation of nature;
- You as a change agent – supporting conscious use of resources;
- Psychological barriers that limit change mitigation and adaptation;
- Conscious individuals creating balanced world;
- Engage in creating and executing a personal real-life sustainability project of your choice and within your own sphere of influence.
This course includes:
- 8 hours of video material
- Downloadable resources
- Personal development project
- Guidelines and tools
- Case studies
- Certificate of completion
Who is this course for?
- This course will benefit managers who want to explore a new approach to leading sustainable lifestyles, get a better understanding of how to make changes and embrace sustainable actions in the personal life and in the companies. Also, this course will benefit people who care for the environment, have passion for sustainability and are ready to replace old patterns which are not sustainable, enhancing their awareness to sustainability, sustainable consumption and production.
- Managers in companies, public organisations and NGOs;
- Entrepreneurs & business owners;
- No pre-requisites to enrol in the course;
- Willingness to learn;
- Readiness to make changes in personal life towards more sustainable living.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Discuss what sustainable lifestyles are and the behaviour tendencies of people to live more sustainability;
- Analyse and evaluate the complex consequences and motives that typically attend moral issues in sustainability;
- Adopt effective methods for creating change and sustainable actions;
- Develop holistic and sustainable lifestyle;
- Develop team skills through working in teams on assignments and in-class assignments;
- Question your values, consider your impact and take action to build your ideal sustainable lifestyle;
- Facilitating transition towards sustainable lifestyles at a personal level;
- Create your sustainable lifestyle plan (vision, goal, action plan, daily tasks).
Skills you will gain
Personal skills, Social responsibility, Critical thinking, Problem solving, Work ethic, Creativity and innovation, Dealing with real world problems, Voluntarism, Resilience skills.