Conservation and prevention of our cultural heritage is the crucial key for the sustainable development of our country. Being a professional conservator requires specific techniques, creative ideas and minds, and special skills and knowledge.
The wider objective of this project is to develop sustainable solutions of conserved built cultural heritage that will contribute to the sustainable future of our country. The most important priority within the project is enhancing the quality and relevance of VET learners` s knowledge and skills by developing professional courses for sustainable cultural heritage.
Within our project, we designed joint courses for preservation and preventive conservation of cultural heritage from climate change influences, using innovative and VET learner-centered approaches and developing appropriate assessment and certification methods.
Target groups: The target group consists of archaeologists, architects, chemists, and engineers working in national and governmental bodies, the private and non-profit sector, and are willing to become highly skilled conservators and integrate strategies for sustainable built cultural heritage. Also, the target group are students who have an interest and plans to work in the field of conservation and sustainable cultural heritage.
- Expand the knowledge for conservation and preservation of the built cultural heritage through the improvement of competencies in the field of conservation;
- Develop a new innovative educational program for conservation and preservation of built cultural heritage from climate change influences;
- Create exceptional quality of VET education, combining a high level of excellence and attractiveness;
- Learn innovative techniques on conservation to develop solutions for sustainable cultural heritage.
- Analyses of the needs and challenges of conservators and the sustainability of the cultural heritage;
- Analyses of courses and training programs in conservation and prevention of built cultural heritage in Europe;
- EU standards for conservation and preservation of cultural heritage;
- Curriculum for courses in preservation and preservative conservation in built cultural heritage and Elaborate for certification of the courses;
- ICT learning environment for the courses;
- Exploitation Plan;
- Promotional activities and recruitment and selection of pilot group of learners;
- Implementation of joint program, mobility of trainers and participants;
- Key Findings;
- Introduction to Sustainable development and Climate Change
- Climate change risks and impact on cultural heritage
- Valuing and understanding threats to cultural heritage
- Cultural heritage as a resource for development
- Impact of climate change on built cultural heritage
- Preventive conservation strategies in the times of climate change