Project objective: The wider objective of the project is to improve Macedonian engineering manager’s performance through improvement of their management and leadership skills. The major aim of the project is to jointly develop and implement professional development courses for engineering management and leadership skills, which will address European standards for management and leadership, as well as be built on rigorous research evidence and principles of adult education. The professional development courses for management and leadership skills will be modular and practice-oriented, and will overcome skills mismatches and increase management and leadership competencies of engineers working on managerial positions in Macedonia, and in the region prospectively.
Target group: The target group consists of engineering managers, engineers entrepreneurs or engineers who wish to become managers, from Macedonia and the neighboring countries with similar context. The professional development courses for management and leadership skills aim to improve their competences, linked to their professional profiles, increase opportunities for professional development, and will increase the motivation and satisfaction in their daily work.
- Analysis of the needs and challenges of engineering managers;
- Review of state of art and effective training programs;
- Benchmarking of management and leadership standards;
- Curriculum development for professional development courses for engineering management and leadership skills;
- Developing learning materials and e-learning environment.
- Improve Macedonian engineering manager’s performance through improvement of their management and leadership skills;
- Specially designed learning environment will meet the needs of the adult learners, providing flexibility and innovative approaches of delivery of these courses;
- Contemporary training methods, such as problem-based learning, game-based learning, case study method, etc.;
- Blended learning concept – a combination of traditional and e-learning concepts;
- Certification of the courses will enhance the sustainability of the project and offer opportunities to new adult learners.
- Analysis of the Need and Challenges of Engineering Managers
- Benchmarking Report
Module 1: Personal development for smart people
- Emotional and spiritual intelligence
- Time and stress management
- Mindfulness: Being present in your work and life
Module 2: Management of a smart organisation
- Strategic management
- Project management
- Managing finance and risks
- Organisational behaviour
- Marketing management for engineers