The course is intended to provide learners with advanced knowledge on use of BIM as a digital tool to improve energy efficiency of buildings throughout their life cycle. Learners will be introduced with concepts of energy consumption in buildings and energy and cost life cycle assessment. Basic definitions associated to energy values and variables are included in the unit. Learners will be provided definitions and explanations of basic classification of energy efficient buildings, based on European commonly used codes. Methodology of energy balance based on BIM model will be explained. Advantages of BIM to traditional method of projects delivery will be demonstrated.
Topics covered in the course are:
- Key Terms of Energy Use in Buildings
- Building design and Energy
- Energy Usage During Construction
- Energy Usage during Operation of Buildings
- Use of BIM Tools for Improved Energy Efficiency
This course includes:
- 9 hours of video material
- Downloadable resources
- Applied learning project
- Case studies
- Certificate of completion
Who is this course for?
- This course is intended for students and professionals in AEC sector.
- Architects and Engineers (Designers, Supervising Engineers, Construction contractors)
- Managers in construction companies
- Employed in public administration and government agencies in charge of construction and energy efficiency
- Investors and owners of private assets
- Students of technical science faculties
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Explain principles of energy use in buildings.
- Specify relevant EU Policy and legislation in energy efficiency and energy performance of buildings
- Summarize the principles of energy balance of buildings
- Calculate required amount of operational energy of buildings
- Understand the impact of building envelope to energy consumption
- Explain principles of energy optimization in design and construction stage
- Explain methods for energy management and maintenance in operational stage of buildings
- Understand principles of Life Cycle Analysis and Life Cycle Energy Analysis
- Illustrate use of BIM tools for improved energy performance of buildings, in all stages of their life cycle.
Skills you will gain